University Committee and Administrative Responsibilities:
- Associate Director, UMMSM FOCIS Center of Excellence; 2012-Present.
- Co-Director, Diagnostic Hepatology Laboratory; Schiff Center for Liver Diseases 2012-Present.
- CFAR Scientific Area Leader, Comorbidities and Coinfections 2013-Present.
- Faculty Advisor, The Medical IBIS-Medical Student Publication 2013-Present.
- Community Screening for Viral Hepatitis with Union Positiva (Community Based Organization) and F.I.U. (Dr. Eric Wagner).
- HCV Screening Advocacy-Health Subcommittee Presentation, Florida State Legislature, Tallahassee, FL 2014.
- NIH Funding Advocacy-Congressional Visit, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases, Capitol Hill, Washington DC 2012.
- NIH Funding Advocacy-Congressional Visit, Joint Advocacy Coalition (JAC) Capitol Hill Translational Research Advocacy Day, Washington DC 2011.
- Florida Keys Medical Student Health Fair: January 1999 and January 2000.
- South Florida VITAS Hospice Pet Therapy Volunteer: 1994-1998.
Thesis and Dissertation Advising:
- MD/PhD Student Thesis Dissertation Committee Chair: Matthew Phillips (Advisor/Mentor: Maria Abreu M.D.)
- Viral Hepatitis, Host Defense, Innate Immunity, Hepatology, Infectious Disease Screening
- MIC 523 Virology. Viral Hepatitis. (Spring 2015).
- MDB 651 Advanced Cell Biology Approaches to Molecular Medicine. Models of Hepatocyte Stress that Cause Liver Cirrhosis/Disease (Spring 2015).
- CAB 612 Viral Oncology and Tumor Immunology. New Insight into Viral Hepatitis and the Development of Hepatocellular Carcinoma (Spring 2015).
- Pathway in Immunologic Medicine/ID-Microbes and Immunity Forum (Small Group-Viral Hepatitis) (Spring 2015).
- MIC 628 (Small group- Viral Hepatitis) Principle of Immunology. Intrinsic Innate Immune Response to HBV and HCV Including Cytosolic DNA and RNA PRR Sensors. (Spring 2015).
- MD/MPH Program (Classroom Lecture) Viral Hepatitis and Its Impact on Public Health. (Fall 2014).
- MIC 523 (Small group – Viral Hepatitis) New Insight into Viral Hepatitis and the Development of Hepatocellular Carcinoma (Spring 2014).
- PIBS 602 (Small group – Scientific Reasoning) New Insight into the Hepatitis C Activated Antiviral Response and the Development of Hepatocellular Carcinoma (Fall 2013).
- MDB 651 (Small group – Scientific Reasoning) Advanced Cell Biology Approaches to Molecular Medicine. Hepatocyte and Liver Disease (Spring 2013).
- Teaching Assistant, Microbiology Lab, Fall 2003. University if Miami, Department of Biology